Things that fascinate me (in no particular order)…
- Dolphins. So smart. So beautiful. When you look into their eyes, it’s like they hold the key to the universe.
- Sitting on the beach and looking out over the seemingly endless ocean. I know that land begins eventually, but the expanse of the ocean blows my mind.
- The capability of one single person to either ruin or enlighten your day. It’s so damn easy.
- Motorcycle gangs and the whole outlaw culture that goes with it. I just saw a special with George Christie of Hells Angels and it was fascinating. They’ve created their own biker society.
- The ability some people have to know what makes a person tick. I have a friend who is so good at reading people. She can either vouch for their sincerity or call bullshit on them within 5 minutes of meeting them, and she is always 100% correct in the end. I wish I had that gift.
- Patience, and anyone who carries it. Something I am severely lacking in.
- Good conversationalists. They are far and few between these days. Most people just like to hear themselves talk…they don’t care what the other person is saying.
- The innocence of young children.
- Those who can put their faith in a higher being and be absolutely sure about it.
- The stars in the night sky. I try to stop every night and look at them. I’m in awe whenever I do.
Currently Listening To… Sonder “Too Fast”
I have been an envious little bitch these past few days. There. I said it. It’s true!
How do people find time to write? I am really at a loss, especially lately. Between work and my family and the million other “responsibilities” I have, there has been ZERO time for writing.
And it’s beginning to drag me down.
When I don’t have time to create, I get depressed. I get moody and anxious. I get pissed off and bitch, even. I need that outlet. I crave it. And when I don’t have time to do it, well…let’s just say I am not a nice person.
I think I have to take drastic measures. This weekend, that’s it – I am putting my foot down. No favors for anyone. I am not stopping by to bring in your mail, water your flowers or feed your cat. I can’t show you how to set up your Twitter account or meet your new boyfriend.
I won’t be answering my phone this weekend, so don’t even bother.
I’ll be busy writing.
Hairy dog sitting at my feet?
Check, check, check.
What more could I need, you ask? My answer will always be – just a few great songs blasting from my speakers to get my creative juices flowing on this beautiful Saturday morning…
Blink 182 “Down” Tidal waves they rip right through me. Tears from eyes worn cold and sad. Pick me up now, I need you so bad.
INXS “The One Thing” You’ve got a dozen men behind you, you’ve got dead flowers on the floor. You’re too pretty in the daylight, it keeps them coming back for more.
Bruce Springsteen “Soul Driver” If the angels are unkind or the season is dark or
if in the end love just falls apart, then here’s to our destruction…
Stevie Nicks “Has Anyone Ever Written Anything For You” You know I’d rather be alone than be without you.