Things that fascinate me (in no particular order)…
- Dolphins. So smart. So beautiful. When you look into their eyes, it’s like they hold the key to the universe.
- Sitting on the beach and looking out over the seemingly endless ocean. I know that land begins eventually, but the expanse of the ocean blows my mind.
- The capability of one single person to either ruin or enlighten your day. It’s so damn easy.
- Motorcycle gangs and the whole outlaw culture that goes with it. I just saw a special with George Christie of Hells Angels and it was fascinating. They’ve created their own biker society.
- The ability some people have to know what makes a person tick. I have a friend who is so good at reading people. She can either vouch for their sincerity or call bullshit on them within 5 minutes of meeting them, and she is always 100% correct in the end. I wish I had that gift.
- Patience, and anyone who carries it. Something I am severely lacking in.
- Good conversationalists. They are far and few between these days. Most people just like to hear themselves talk…they don’t care what the other person is saying.
- The innocence of young children.
- Those who can put their faith in a higher being and be absolutely sure about it.
- The stars in the night sky. I try to stop every night and look at them. I’m in awe whenever I do.
Currently Listening To… Sonder “Too Fast”